The New Iran is a grassroots, well-managed, internationally recognized and respected organization where the opposition forces to the Islamic Republic of Iran can transparently collaborate to support the liberation movement within Iran. Our goal is to help eradicate the ruling Islamic regime in Iran using non-violent means, and to replace it with a democratic, secular form of governance that is cognizant of human rights and our historic place in the world. The New Iran’s Founding Principles are:
- 1- Protection of the national independence and territorial integrity of Iran
- 2- Separation of religion from the state (Secularism)
- 3- Loyalty to and support of the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- 4- Implementation of free, fair, and transparent elections, to be held after the downfall of the ruling Islamic regime, to determine Iran’s future system of governance
- 5- Direct participation of all Iranians throughout Iran in their local social, cultural, political, and economic affairs.