October 10, 2016
OPEN LETTER TO THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES:
Please Outline Your Administration’s Policy towards the Jihadist Regime in Iran
Madam Hillary Clinton and Mr. Donald Trump,
We are deeply concerned about the eminent dangers of the jihadist and terrorist ruling regime in the Islamic Republic in Iran (IRI) to the United States, the western world, and their allies.
As anticipated and time and time proven in recent months, IRI interprets the P5+1 agreement as a sign of weakness of the United States and its allies and will use its new found billions of dollars to continue to pursue and further expand its terrorist activities worldwide, such as:
- build long range missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads1
- continue cyber-attacks targeting US banks and infrastructures2
- pay for IRI’s Quds forces to kill innocent Syrian people and help Russia and Bashar al Assad against United States3
- Provide Russia to use Iran’s bases to attack Syria and facilitate Russia’s expanding footprint in the Middle East4
- harass and provoke US Navy in the Persian Gulf5.
Below is a small sample of how the founder and current rulers of this Jihadist regime have seen their missions:
- IRI Founder Ayatollah Khomeini6
“...We shall export our Revolution to the whole world until the cry of there is no god but Allah resounds over the whole world, struggle continues …”
- IRI’s EX-President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad7
“The Message of the revolution is global and is not restricted to a specific place or time, there is no doubt Allah willing Islam will conquer the world, all mountains of the world.
- Islamic Republic’s Constitution8
Ali Khamenei, and his Revolutionary Guards are driven by a mission imposed on Iran by its constitution. Khomeini promulgated the Constitution in 1979. It proclaims “the ideological mission of jihad,” which it defines as “extending the sovereignty of God’s law throughout the world,” through Iran’s Army and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.
- IRI’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei9
“…The idol of the soul, the idol of pride, [and] the idol of sexual lust; the idol of tyranny and subservience; the idol of global tyranny; the idol of sloth and irresponsibility; and the other idols that shame the precious human soul—a plan that will spring forth from the depths of the heart will shatter them.”
Ret. General Mike Flynn, previous Chief of US Defense Intelligence Agency has said it best10:
“[Islamic Republic has] been at war with the US for 40 years … [They] call us the Great Satan and they still chant Death to America… The Country’s wealth is overwhelmingly being funneled into jihad …. We know our tax dollars will go for jihad.”
1) U.S. confirms Iran tested nuclear-capable ballistic missile, Reuters, October 16, 2015
2) U.S. charges Iran-linked hackers with targeting banks, N.Y. dam, Washington Post, March 24, 2016
3) How Many Iranian Forces Are Fighting and Dying in Syria? Newsweek, October 28, 2015
4) Strikes from Iranian air base show Russia’s expanding footprint in the Middle East, Washington Post, August 16, 2016
5) Iranian Boats Harass Another U.S. Navy Patrol Coastal Ship In Persian Gulf, USNI New, September 6, 2016
6) Bruce Thornton, Research Fellow at Stanford's Hoover Institution, FrontPagemag.com, July 10, 2015
7) Robert Spencer, Director of Jihad Watch, FrontPagemag.com, July 22, 2016
8) ALI WAMBOLD, Previous Managing Director and Head of International of Lazard Brothers, NY Sun, August 11, 2015
9) Iran’s Supreme Leader in Article titled The Idols Will Be Shattered,” accompanied by an image of a shattered Statue of Liberty, Jihadwatch.org, September 25, 2015
10) MY CONVERSATION WITH GENERAL MICHAEL T. FLYNN, Kelleigh Nelson, NewsWithViews.com, August 29, 2016
We believe that as the future leader of the free world the next President of the United States will need to immediately stop treating the jihadist IRI regime like a civilized and peaceful government, and lend moral and other types of support to the brutalized and peaceful Iranian people so that they themselves can hasten the downfall of this terrorist regime and bring about democracy and human rights to this geopolitically important country and a lasting stability in the region.
We respectfully request that before the November 8th elections, you articulate your Iran policy and let the American people know whether you agree with the above policy change towards the jihadist regime in Iran.
Dr. Iman Foroutan
Founder and Spokesperson, The New Iran